We are looking for a dynamic and committed in vivo biologist, with experience in oncology studies using mouse models to join our group in early 2019. Our group develops photoswitchable cancer chemotherapeutics: novel synthetic drugs that can be activated specifically in tumors by illumination, to suppress tumor growth or eliminate tumor cells. Our goal is to translate these compounds out of academia, and towards the clinic. The biologist’s role in our team will be to perform further in vivo mode of action and efficacy studies of our innovative compounds, and to support in toxicology and pharmacokinetics.
The CytoSwitch project is embedded within the Thorn-Seshold research group at the LMU Munich Pharmacy Department. Research based on our photoswitchable antimitotic compounds has already appeared in Cell, Science, and Nature Cell Biology. We are now directly funded by the BMWi (German Ministry of Economics) to take our drugs through preclinical safety and proof-of-concept studies in vivo.
- Scientific planning, performance and analysis of in vivo studies in mouse tumor models
- Manage and conduct in vitro studies on the efficacy of next-generation compounds
- Coordination of scientific collaborations and contract research organizations (CROs)
- Assisting in toxicological and pharmacological studies in vivo
- Supervision of scientific and technical staff
- PhD with research experience in appropriate field; additional postdoc experience preferable
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in performing and analyzing in vivo studies in mouse tumor models (FELASA-B or FELASA-C desirable)
- Broad knowledge of cell culture work and immunohistochemical procedures
- Fluent in English, German native speaker desirable
- Self-starter attitude; independent, enthusiastic and self-motivated worker
The position is available as soon as possible. The initial contract is for 1.5 years with possibility to renew. The salary follows the TV-L university system.
To apply to join our team, send your cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com. Early applications are encouraged. Applicants can apply in English or in German.